RadioActive.fm 88.6 has a very strong presence throughout the capital, with both the young and old, from the sleepless student to the working professional.
We have a listener-ship of 45,000 weekly, plus we have a 150,000 on-line audience via our streaming service per month.
- Our Facebook page has over 10300 + fans.
- We have over 5200 followers on Twitter.
- 53 % males and 47% females, 72.3% are aged 18-39, European ethnic origin.
- 64% of listeners are in the top social economic groups.
- Average household income is $117,519 ($36,065 above NZ’s average.)
- Politically & socially aware. Environmental & health conscious.
- Early adopters, opinion leaders, influencers, taste makers.
- Preference for premium brands.
- 7200 Tunein followers.
We regularly receive feedback from people tuning in from every corner of the globe. Everybody from Wellington expats to musicians and producers that have experienced our good vibes during their travels!
We’ve got you covered!
With a highly talented pool of over 60 volunteer DJs/Announcers, some of whom have been with the station for over fifteen years, RadioActive.fm is renowned for the wide variety of interesting music that it plays.
The specialist shows throughout the week cater for a truly eclectic range of sub-genres. From African Samba to Swedish Metal – our specialist DJs know their stuff, and cover all bases.
Did you know?
RadioActive.fm began life as the student radio station for Victoria University of Wellington Students’ Association (VUWSA) in 1977, broadcasting on the AM frequency.
Here’s a few more facts about this cult station:
- In 1981 ‘Radio Active’ became the first radio station in New Zealand to commence broadcast on the newly available FM frequency.
- In 1989 VUWSA decided that Radio Active could not make any more losses, and sold the station to Radio Active Ltd, in the hope that the station could become financially viable.
- In 1997 Radio Active was one of the first radio stations in the world to commence online broadcasting, and we were possibly the first to have a stream available 24/7.